During the Middle Ages Offenbach passed through many hands.Only in 1486 could the Count Ludwig of Isenburg finally take control of city for his family, and 1556 Count Reinhard of Isenburg relocated his Residence to Offenbach, building a palace, the Isenburger Schloß (Isenburg Palace), which was completed in 1559.
With the new district Lauterborn the city was expanded to the south in the 1960s.One of them is the Neo-baroque palace Büsingpalais with the Büsingpark, reconstructed in the 1980s. gratis partnerbörse Oberhausen Today it is used as a congress center close to the Sheraton hotel.In the 20th century the city's economy was dominated by the machine-building and leather industries, and it was also a major centre of the typography and design industries.Other important industries are the automobile and pharmaceutical industries.
Dating website deutschland Offenbach am Main
On the border with Frankfurt, the office district Kaiserlei was built.Offenbach is a so-called ´Sozialer Brennpunkt`(= multiple social problems area) because of unemployment, poverty, gang related crime and migration.In the south are the newer suburbs Lauterborn and Rosenhöhe, Tempelsee, the office town Kaiserlei and the industrial area Waldheim. The newest suburb is Mathildenviertel in the center near to the Main river.The inner town of Offenbach is quite large and has only a few suburbs.
In the east the three incorporated: Bürgel (incorporated 1908), Bieber (incorporated April 1, 1938), and Rumpenheim (incorporated April 4, 1942).
The city was thereafter ruled by Grand Dukes of Hesse and by Rhine until the monarchy was abolished in 1918.
Offenbach became the center of the traditional design with figures such as the architect Hugo Eberhardt, the typographer Rudolf Koch, the bookbinder and designer Ignatz Wiemeler and Ernst Engel and the painter Karl Friedrich Lippmann.
It was destroyed by fire in 1564 and rebuilt in 1578.
In 1635 Offenbach given to the Landgraves of Hesse-Darmstadt but it was returned to the Isenburg-Birstein Count (later Prince) in 1642 and remained in that Principality until 1815 when the Congress of Vienna gave the city to the Austrian Emperor, Francis I.